Petaluma Youth Lacrosse Financial Assistance Program
The purpose of the program is to encourage youth participation in lacrosse by providing financial assistance to those who may not otherwise be able to afford to play with the club. The Board of Directors annually budgets a specified amount of money for the Financial Assistance program for the cost of annual registration fees only. These are one-time, partial assistance awards intended for applicants facing financial hardship. The program is not designed for long-term or continued financial support. No full registrations will be given. All award decisions are solely at the discretion of the PYL Board of Directors.
Policy and Eligibility Requirements
· The amount requested can not exceed the registration cost and is subject to budget availability.
· Each approved applicant will receive one half of the current annual registration fee. However, in certain circumstances and where funds are available, the board reserves the right to increase this amount.
· Applicants must have completed the online registration process, paid the $50 deposit and paid the US Lacrosse fee ($25 for Youth) as part of the on-line registration process.
· Applicant must make arrangements with the club treasurer to make payments for the remaining 50% of the annual registration fee less the US Lacrosse fee paid. All fees must be paid prior to the player taking the field for practices or games.
· No applicant will be considered if there is an outstanding balance for prior year(s) fees.
· All applicants must designate a volunteer position in the on line application for applicant or parents as required for all lacrosse participants in the club. If a hardship prevents the applicant from doing so, specifics must be provided.
· Applicants must provide all requested information. Omitted information could be a reason for disqualification.
· Applications must be post marked or emailed by November 30th.
· Submit forms and information directly to PYL Treasurer at 925 Lakeville Street #166, Petaluma CA 94952 or via email to treasurer Marcia Keasler at
· Late applications may not be considered.
· The recommendations by the financial assistance committee will be presented to the Board of Directors at the November and December board meetings. All applications will be reviewed and a final decision made. All applicants will be notified within 1 week of the meeting whether their request has been approved.
For PYL Registration information, please go the the registration section of this website or contact the PYL Registrar, Scott Rostoni at
You can download the Financial Assistance Application here: http://files.LeagueAthletics.com/Images/Club/8923/pyl financial assistance application 2016.pdf